We’re so excited for the 25th anniversary of World Book Day on Thursday 3rd March!
To celebrate, we’ve put together 25 of our favourite characters with tips on what you need to dress up as each one.
1. Henry from Horrid Henry
What do you need? Jeans and a blue and yellow stripy top (flat cap optional!)
2. Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon
What do you need? A green t-shirt, brown waistcoat, viking helmet or shield
3. Julia from Julia and the Shark
What do you need? A yellow raincoat
4. Vetman from Vetman and His Bionic Animal Clan
5. Jack from The Christmas Pig
What do you need? Pyjamas and a teddy pig
6. Jonathan or Flick from The Strangeworlds Travel Agency
What do you need for Jonathan? A waistcoat (and bow tie if you have one), a suitcase and a magnifying glass
What do you need for Flick? A red top, a suitcase and a magnifying glass
7. Morrigan from Nevermoor
8. Ruby the Red Fairy from The Rainbow Magic series
What do you need? A red dress and fairy wings. There are so many other fairies to choose from too, find your favourite here!
9. The Saucepan Man from The Magic Faraway Tree
10. Mr Panda from Goodnight Mr Panda
What do you need? Pyjamas and some black and white face paint!
11. Snow White from Snow White in Space
What do you need? An all-in-one outdoor suit and a red bow for your hair
12. Jemima and Jeremy from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
What do you need? Victorian children’s clothing e.g. breeches with braces and dresses with lace colours
13. Silky the Fairy from The Magic Faraway Tree
What do you need? Floaty dress and fairy wings
14. Posy from Ballet Shoes
What do you need? A tutu, tights and a hairband to put your hair in a bun.
15. Timmy the dog from The Famous Five
What do you need? Fancy dress dog outfit
16. Toto from Toto the Ninja Cat
What do you need? A cat mask, black top and trousers, black cat tail and ears
17. Moonface from The Magic Faraway Tree
What do you need? Jacket and trousers with a skin-coloured wig cap
18. Mr Penguin from The Mr Penguin series
What do you need? A dashing hat, a bow tie and satchel (magnifying glass and fish finger sandwiches optional)
19. Hugasaurus from The Hugasaurus
What do you need? Dinosaur outfit or t-shirt and big arms for lots of hugs!
20. Claude from Claude Adventures
What do you need? A rather nifty beret, red jumper and long black ears
21. Merdyn the Wild from The Wizard in My Shed
What do you need? A wizard’s hat and purple cape
22. Indigo Wilde from Indigo Wilde and the Creatures at Jellybean Crescent
What do you need? A stripy t-shirt and a rainbow clip for your hair (or, if you’re really brave, some wash-in-wash-out hair dye!)
23. Oscar from Oscar the Hungry Unicorn
What do you need? A pink outfit and a unicorn horn
24. Darrell from Malory Towers
What do you need? Your school uniform! The perfect costume for if you don’t have a costume
25. Ahmet from The Boy at the Back of the Class
What do you need? Another one that just needs your school uniform!